Friday, September 17, 2010

I Sit In A Wheelchair......But I Will Be Okay! by Brittany Crawford





I Sit In A Wheelchair...........But I Will Be Okay! by Brittany Crawford




Author Brittany Crawford brings us the touching tale of 5 year-old Penny Brown in the uplifting children's book, I Sit in a Wheelchair.......But I Will Be Okay!


Penny is not like the other children in her class as she is confined to a wheelchair. Although at times she struggles with what she cannot do, Penny is able to focus on the things that she can do with help from her friend Amy.

I found this story to be uplifting and with important lessons for the young reader. Although written for the child with disability, this book is appropriate for any child who has struggles of any kind. The book focuses on the importance of friendship and family and the rewards of positive thinking.

I Sit in a Wheelchair......But I Will Be Okay! is Crawford's debut children's book and based on her own experience. She is currently working on releasing an I'm Okay series of books.

Illustrations done by Michelle Oakley


ISBN: 978-1609112004

Publisher: Eloquent Books

Age: 9-12 years

26 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment